[Openstack] [Nova] Instance Type Extra Specs clarifications

Vinay Bannai vbannai at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:40:36 UTC 2012

Yes, the intent has been to use something along the lines of
"OS-FLV-EXTRA-DATA:disk_qos"

This leads to another question which I saw being discussed earlier in the
email thread. Are we looking for consistency in adding the extra specs? For
the most obvious ones it may be worth while to come up with a standardized
convention for the names.

I was looking at the code and it appears that the extra_specs and the
instance_types creation don't have similar code flow. When you delete a
instance_type that you created with extra_specs (using the set_key method
in nova-manage), the extra_specs are not cleaned up. I would have thought
that they should go away too, right? Unless I understood the concept of
extra_specs wrong.

Vinay

--
Vinay Bannai