[Openstack] Quantum PTL election - please check Voters list

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Sep 6 16:03:25 UTC 2012

I must admit even I was unaware of the requirement to be a individual
foundation member in order to vote in PTL elections (I personally
happen to be a member already).  There are definitely at least a few
people on the list below that I feel should be able to vote but can't,
including two core members, Sumit and Aaron.

The summary for the elections process that I saw sent to the list (see
below) said nothing about foundation membership, and said that the
process is "mostly the same used in past PTL/PPB" elections, which
clearly did not have a foundation requirement because the foundation
didn't exist.

This is not the end of the world, but I'm guessing both Gary and I
would both feel better if people had a chance to revisit their
foundation status.  Is there anything we can do about this?

Dan

>From Thierry's email:

TL;DR summary:
* The election process is mostly the same used in past PTL/PPB elections
* Only active technical contributors get to vote in these elections (see
wiki for details)
* We'll run the PTL elections first: nominations between Aug 30 and Sep
5, voting between Sep 7 and Sep 13
* We'll run the TC directly-elected seats election next: nominations
between Sep 13 and Sep 19, voting between Sep 21 and Sep 27
* Candidates will publicly nominate themselves by email to this list and
get publicly confirmed by one of the election officials

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt