[Openstack] Verification of Keystone Installation fails

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:16:35 UTC 2012

There are basically two rules at work:

1) an existing token takes precedence over username+password credentials.
2) CLI options take precedence over configuration from the environment.

In Folsom, these options look like:

(existing token)
--os-token / OS_SERVICE_TOKEN
--os-endpoint / OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT

(credentials)
--os-username / OS_USERNAME
--os-password / OS_PASSWORD
--os-tenant-name / OS_TENANT_NAME
--os-auth-url / OS_AUTH_URL

(there are also a few other options like region, api version, etc)

Rule 1 is universally applied before rule 2, which means the token +
endpoint from the environment is taking precedence over username + password
from the CLI. IMO, it's a bug that rule 2 isn't applied before rule 1.

-Dolph