[Openstack] Scheduler issues in folsom

Huang Zhiteng winston.d at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:47:42 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan,

If I understand correctly, that bug is about multiple scheduler
instances(processes) doing scheduler at the same time.  When compute
node found itself unable to fulfil a create_instance request, it'll
resend the request back to scheduler (max_retry is to avoid endless
retry). From your description, I only see one scheduler.  And you are
right, even memory may have some issue but about cpu_allocation_ratio
should have limit scheduler to put instances with more vCPUs then
pCPUs.  What openstack package are you using?

--
Regards
Huang Zhiteng