[Openstack] [ceilometer] meter data volume

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Oct 31 13:56:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31 2012, 吴亚伟 wrote:

> 1) '123890000000' nanoseconds means '123.89' seconds or two minutes,it
> seem like to be 1238.9 seconds actually, is there something wrong ?

Why do you think it's 1238.9 seconds?

> 2) If I never reboot or suspend vm_1, will the 'counter_volume' of cpu
> usage record increase all the time ? Just like '8 minutes' -> '18
> minutes' -> '28 minutes' ?

It's a CPU time, not an uptime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_time

> 3) If I reboot or suspend vm_1, I find that the 'counter_volume' of cpu
> usage record will count from zero. Just like '8 minutes' -> '18 minutes'
> -> '28 minutes' [-> '0 minutes'] ->'5 minutes' -> '15 minutes'. Does it
> mean that 'counter_volume' just represents how long has vm_1 been booted
> up ?

Not at all. It means the CPU time consumed is reset to 0, but that's not
an issue in itself, the API should be capable to deal with that if you
ask for the total usage.

> 4) This one is about Web API. I find that "GET
> /v1/resources/(resource)/meters/(meter)/volume/sum" just return the sum
> value of all the cpu 'counter_volume', like '8 minutes' + '18 minutes'.
> Is it reduplicate ?

Don't understand what you mean, but the CPU counter is a cumulative one,
and asking for its sum is a non-sense. You want to ask for (max - min)
to get the used value, something which is not in the API yet.

Just like I wrote above. :)

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker & freelance