[Openstack] about nova-schedule queues

gong yong sheng gongysh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 30 11:43:56 UTC 2012

Following is my understanding:
usage:
scheduler queue is used for compute api server. For example of nova
boot, API server will send a msg to scheduler queue for a booting
scheduler_*fanout_xxxx is used for service*s to report service
capability. For example, nova compute **will use scheduler_fanout to
publish its capabilities.

scheduler.{hostname} seemingly is not used now.
we can deploy many schedulers into a Openstack cloud. All the schedulers
will listen on scheduler msg queue. AMQP server (rabbitmq) will adopt
round robin way to
dispatch the msg to these schedulers. But since the capabilities are fan
outed, all the schedulers can receive these capabilities.