[Openstack] RPC setup for Quantum

gong yong sheng gongysh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 30 09:01:16 UTC 2012

On 10/30/2012 04:53 PM, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> True said. I'm clear with this point.
>
> But My doubt is that, for every HOST node, we need to have
> quantum.conf if the HOST node has the DHCP-Agent and the OVS-Agent
> running in them.

dhcp-agent and ovs-agent will need the quantum.conf as one of their
configure files.
for example dhcp-agent --config-file quantum.conf --config-file dhcp.ini
So if the Host node has these agents running on them, we need to have
quantum.conf on host node.
these agents will use the configuration in quantum.conf, such as logging
settings, RPC settings.
Hope this explanation helps.