[Openstack] Troubleshooting Swift 1.7.4 on mini servers

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 02:37:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:16:52 -0700
Nathan Trueblood <nathan at truebloodllc.com> wrote:

> Definitely NOT a problem with the filesystem, but something is causing the
> object-server to think there is a problem with the filesystem.

If you are willing to go all-out, you can probably catch the
error with strace, if it works on ARM. Failing that, find all places
where 507 is generated and see if any exceptions are caught, by
modifying the source, I'm afraid to say.

> I suspect a bug in one of the underlying libraries.

That's a possibility. Or, it could be a kernel bug. You are using XFS,
right? If it were something other than XFS or ext4, I would suspect
ARM blowing over the 2GB barrier somewhere, since your object is
called "bigfile3". As it is, you have little option than to divide
the layers until you identify the one that's broken.

BTW, make sure to disable the fallocate, since we're at it.

-- Pete