[Openstack] quantum: two ips one vif

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Oct 29 18:11:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Carl Bolterstein
<cbolterstein at blackmesh.com> wrote:
> For the curiosity sake -
>
> After some trial and error.  It appears we have solved one half of our conundrum.  Using the driver below, there is no ip data inserted into libvirt.xml which allows any ip to be used.  It works for our uses (HA vip services, secondary addresses).
>
> libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtOpenVswitchVirtualPortDriver

yes, the docs here
(http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/nova_with_quantum_vifplugging_ovs.html)
talk about using the hybrid driver if you care about security groups.
We should expand it to also mention that this applies for
spoof-prevention as well.

> This however does not prevent quantum from assigning a used IP to a new port, but working on that.

Would be great if you can provide more detail there.

Dan

> Carl Bolterstein

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com