[Openstack] Allocate specific floating IP to an instance

Sébastien Han han.sebastien at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:25:47 UTC 2012

Hi Stacker,

I know OpenStack is not designed that way and I don't think it's
possible (or maybe I misses something :)) but I was wondering if there
is any simple workaround to choose a specific floating IP to allocate.
In other words, don't give me a random or N+1 next floating IP
available but let me decide which floating IP I want to assign to my
instance. It doesn't make sense in a public cloud but it does for a
corporate/private cloud. It would be nice to have :)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!