[Openstack] new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 29 13:55:38 UTC 2012

On 10/28/2012 08:19 PM, David Kang wrote:

>   I agree that subject prefix is a way.
> There are pros and cons of either approach.
> However, when I asked a few of the people who showed interest in bare-metal discussion,
> a new mailing list was preferred by them.
> And we thought a separate mailing list makes people easier to participate and to manage the discussion.
>
>   We can discuss this issue again among the people who signed up the new mailing list.

I think the more general concern is that part of the challenges of
getting the current bare-metal approach in has been that it's largely
been developed on the side. I think the path for successful evolution of
bare-metal in nova is to stop thinking about it as a side effort, and
more a part of normal nova development, as other changes in nova will
have implications for bare-metal for sure.

So driving the discussion back onto the main list would be really
beneficial.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague