[Openstack] new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Mon Oct 29 04:22:43 UTC 2012

+1
From: openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Asher Newcomer [ashernew at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 6:29 AM
To: Russell Bryant
Cc: Thierry Carrez; openstack at lists.launchpad.net

+1

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com<mailto:rbryant at redhat.com>> wrote:
On 10/28/2012 08:19 PM, David Kang wrote:

>  I agree that subject prefix is a way.
> There are pros and cons of either approach.
> However, when I asked a few of the people who showed interest in bare-metal discussion,
> a new mailing list was preferred by them.
> And we thought a separate mailing list makes people easier to participate and to manage the discussion.
>
>  We can discuss this issue again among the people who signed up the new mailing list.

There are quite a few people, like myself, who are interested in *all*
nova development.  Signing up for a new mailing list for every new
development effort would be a nightmare to keep up with.  I *really,
really* think the list should be dropped and all discussions should be
on openstack-dev.

--
Russell Bryant