[Openstack] new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sun Oct 28 11:01:16 UTC 2012

David Kang wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
>  An openstack mailing list is created for the discussion of bare-metal provisioning.
>
>  Please join it if you are interested in participating the dicussion/collaboration
> of bare-metal provisioning.

Hmm, any particular reason why you're not having those discussions on
the development mailing-list instead ? That sounds a totally appropriate
topic for that list... and the overlap between the two groups sounds
pretty complete (B totally included in A).

I would prefer if we didn't multiply the sublists for development
subtopics and if we didn't force developers to subscribe to multiple
lists just to keep informed on design discussions. That will avoid the
subgroup coming up with a design that will be rejected by the larger
group once it is submitted there.

Why not use a subject prefix instead ? Like [baremetal] ?

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack