[Openstack] Generating Linux pv images uploadables to glance and bootable from Xen Cloud Platform through Nova

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre egoitz at ramattack.net
Sat Oct 27 23:04:31 UTC 2012

Good night,

Could anyone know how to do this?. I have been able to create a image for FreeBSD… because it runs in hvm mode. So… I have just export to xva, then take the vhd file convert to raw and upload to glance….

glance add name=FreeBSD-9.1RC1-AMD64 disk_format=raw container_format=bare < FREEBSD.raw

Same thing is not working for Centos…. it hangs saying :

Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format

So…. like any procedures found are for KVM I would be very thankful if someone has experience doing this…

I have done some checks, read doc and so… but no way…

Best regards,