[Openstack] Using GRE tunnels and VLANs together in Quantum

Jānis Ģeņģeris janis.gengeris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 10:06:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

Is it possible to use GRE tunneling between compute nodes and VLANs with
external networks?

Let me illustrate this. If we look at this reference picture from the docs
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/connectivity.html
 .
The 'Data network' will use GRE tunnels and 'External network' would use
VLANs for separating public networks. If this is really possible, I'm
curious how to
properly configure that, so that provider networks are still available to
VMs also. That would mean, tunneling VLANs over GRE, am I right?

Regards,
--janis