[Openstack] dnsmasq stops talking to instances?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 26 21:15:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 01:54:11PM +0200, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Can you please explain the problems that you had with qpid?

OpenStack components were periodically losing touch with each other.
Requests to boot/delete an instance, for example, would never make it
as far the compute hosts.  They would get stuck scheduling.

Initially we thought this was exclusively a problem with the network
firewall infrastructure (there was a default 1 hour idle connection
timeout), but reconfiguring our OpenStack environment to remove the
firewalls from the picture did not resolve this problem.

Since replacing qpid with rabbitmq, we have not had a single
recurrence of this behavior.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>  |
Senior Technologist                           | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/