[Openstack] dnsmasq stops talking to instances?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 26 21:12:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:24:20AM -0400, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> It happened again last night -- which means we were without networking
> on our instances for about seven hours -- and restarting nova-network
> doesn't resolve the problem.  It is necessary to first kill dnsmasq
> (and allow nova-network to restart it).

In case folks were curious:

I'm pretty sure this was a bad interaction between "dhclient" on the
host and the interface being used for instance networking.  We've been
running stabling now for a week.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>  |
Senior Technologist                           | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/