[Openstack] documentation bug in openstack - redhat install guide (wrong admin_user)

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Fri Oct 26 21:03:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just went through setting up keystone and glance to fedora 17 with
f18 folsom preview repos for openstack rpms. It seems the instructions
have some error:

it creates the users here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/setting-up-tenants-users-and-roles-manually.html

and uses them incorrectly here, causing keystone to block access to
create-image:

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/configure-glance-files.html

doc uses admin_user=admin, admin_tenant=service in two of the config
files (api+registry), even though it never created admin user for the
tenant service in the first doc link where the users get created.

After changing the admin_user to glance and also admin_password to
glance's password, it starts working.

There used to be comment box in the docs, but it doesn't seem to be
the case anymore. So I'll whine here instead ;)

BR,

 ikke