[Openstack] [SWIFT] Proxies Sizing for 90.000 / 200.000 RPM

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Oct 26 16:34:47 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 06:13 PM, Chander Kant wrote:
> Sure. We have published a new blog related to the summit, including a
> link to our presentation slides:
>
> http://www.zmanda.com/blogs/?p=971
> http://www.zmanda.com/pdf/how-swift-is-your-Swift-SD.pdf
>
> We plan to publish more performance results within next few weeks.

Any chance of expanding on this:

> disable TIME_WAIT, disable syn cookies ...

from slide 10?  Particularly the disabling of TIME_WAIT.  While the
traditionalist couple-minutes TIME_WAIT may be a bit, oh, conservative,
TIME_WAIT is there for a reason as part of TCP's correctness
alogrithms/heuristics.  And disabling it suggests an opportunity to tune
an application for better performance.

rick jones