[Openstack] OpenStack + Nova list, nova show location

Qin, Xiaohong Xiaohong.Qin at emc.com
Fri Oct 26 16:17:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is just an entering point to load all client side nova code, the "nova list" CLI eventually invokes the following code in your stack directory,

python-novaclient/novaclient/v1_1/shell.py

Inside this file, you can see the following function,

def do_list

That prints out the list of VMs.

This is the code on client side; the other piece of code is on the server side through nova api service.

Dennis Qin