[Openstack] Issue with availability_zone argument

McNally, Dave (HP Cloud Services) dave.mcnally at hp.com
Fri Oct 26 15:53:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a fairly recent installation of nova running in a test environment here and I'm having trouble with the availability_zone option on boot.

It seems that just prior to nova.compute.api:create being called availability_zone is set to None. It's set to None by default when the function is defined but I altered this to default to something else and it's being explicitly set to None anyway.

I can't identify where this is happening and I thought maybe someone here could shed some light on this behavior.

Thanks,

Dave