[Openstack] Quantum with OVS and floating IP

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:17:23 UTC 2012

Hi guys,
I'm trying to setup Quantum on my lab (VM), the setup is quite simple, yet I can't have it working

WAN (admin) <--->  eth0
LAN  <----> eth1
WAN  <----> eth2

Actually, I'm able to have the local connectivity working, VMs retrieve their private IP from quantum, yet the routing to the external network doesn't seem to work. When I add eth2 to the br-ex bridge, I lose connectivity to the VM (not the instance, but the openstack VM)

> root at ubuntu-precise:~# ovs-vsctl list-br
> br-eth1
> br-ex
> br-int

> root at ubuntu-precise:~# ovs-vsctl list-ports br-eth1
> eth1
> phy-br-eth1

> root at ubuntu-precise:~# ovs-vsctl list-ports br-ex
> root at ubuntu-precise:~# ovs-vsctl list-ports br-int
> gw-82009a93-1a
> int-br-eth1
> qvo5c1b075c-58
> tapee397b47-c9

/etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini

> root at ubuntu-precise:~# cat /etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini | grep -v -e "#" -e "^$"
> [DATABASE]
> sql_connection = mysql://ovs_quantum:openstack@10.211.55.20/ovs_quantum
> reconnect_interval = 2
> [OVS]
> tenant_network_type = vlan
> network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:1:4094
> tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
> integration_bridge = br-int
> local_ip = 10.211.55.20
> bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-eth1
> [AGENT]
> polling_interval = 2
> root_helper = sudo /usr/bin/quantum-rootwrap /etc/quantum/rootwrap.conf

The quantum-settings-partay
http://paste.openstack.org/show/22356/

Best regards,
Razique