[Openstack] Inserting into custom tables from horizon.

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Oct 25 19:08:21 UTC 2012

Horizon has (thus far) been designed to avoid requiring a persistent storage backend such as a database, so you won't find any code in there to do that.

That said, Horizon is built on Django, and Django has a phenomenal ORM which works with most common database backends. Building a Django model for your data and integrating that with your Horizon installation is totally fair game. See Django's documentation for examples there.

However I would advise against using the same database as Nova unless you actually need to do JOINs between the tables. Better to keep a clean separation otherwise.

All the best,

-          Gabriel