[Openstack] VM starts without an IP address

Bontala, Vibhuvardhan vibhuvardhan.bontala at emc.com
Thu Oct 25 14:10:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am running a pre GA version of Folsom code. I created a VM instance a while ago and it successfully picked up an IP address from the fixed IP range. After few days I suspended the VM using "virsh" directly and resumed it. Since then, the VM lost its IP address. I rebooted the VM a bunch of times and no luck. I looked into the logs and nothing seemed obvious. I also restarted some the services for nova and quantum. I then created another VM and it picked up the next IP address from the fixed range successfully. Below is the output of "nova list" command.

| ID                                   | Name     | Status | Networks      |
| 0728dd45-a265-44ba-bc5b-891b28bf7d39 | testVM-0 | ACTIVE |               |
| d2065970-3fb5-4f57-8ac0-7266ee7631bc | testVM-1 | ACTIVE | net1=10.0.0.4 |

Could someone suggest how to debug this issue and get the IP address assignment back?

Thanks
Vibhu