[Openstack] Ceilometer API Glossary

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Oct 25 09:39:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25 2012, 吴亚伟 wrote:

> If it is just like what Eoghan said that  "it is unused right now as there
> is only a single source currently", what does the "?" represent?
> If I want to establish a customer billing system,do I need it ?

It represents the fact we had no idea to use it when we write the code
the first time. We discussed this yesterday, now we have a good plan.

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1070857

> I do mean the cinder volumes , but I don't know how to configure it ,could
> you tell me more detailed steps on how to do this ?

You need to configure the notifier to use rabbitmq (this is commented
out in the default configuration file IIRC), to set the audit interval
to something low like daily or hourlay (this should also be in the
default configuration file) and to run this program into a cronjob.

> Same to cinder , detailed steps will be highly appreciated .

Like cinder, you need to configure the notification backend to use rabbitmq.

> If I modify the configuration file of service like nova or  cinder , how to
> restart the related service in devstack ?

Just press C-c in the screen window, up arrow and return.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker & freelance