[Openstack] Ceilometer, StackTach, Tach / Scrutinize, CloudWatch integration ... Summit followup

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Oct 24 23:35:57 UTC 2012

Hey y'all,

Great to chat during the summit last week, but it's been a crazy few days of catch-up since then.

The main takeaway for me was the urgent need to get some common libraries under these efforts.

So, to that end ...

1. To those that asked, I'm going to get my slides / video presentation made available via the list. Stay tuned.

2. I'm having a hard time following all the links to various efforts going on (seems every time I turn around there's a new metric/instrumentation effort, which is good I guess :)

Is there a single location I can place my feedback? If not, should we create one? I've got lots of suggestions/ideas and would hate to have to duplicate the threads or leave other groups out.

3. I'm wrapping up the packaging / cleanup of StackTach v2 with Stacky and hope to make a more formal announcement on this by the end of the week. Lots of great changes to make it easier to use/deploy based on the Summit feedback!

Unifying the stacktach worker (consumer of events) into ceilometer should be a first step to integration (or agree upon a common YAGI-based consumer?)

4. If you're looking at Tach, you should also consider looking at Scrutinize (my replacement effort) https://github.com/SandyWalsh/scrutinize (needs packaging/docs and some notifier tweaks on the cprofiler to be called "done for now")

Looking forward to moving ahead on this ...

Cheers,
-S