[Openstack] iptables rule missing in multi node setup

Qin, Xiaohong Xiaohong.Qin at emc.com
Wed Oct 24 22:55:02 UTC 2012

Hi All,

In one of my lab setups, I found the following iptable rules are missing on the controller node,

Chain nova-compute-inst-3 (1 references)
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state INVALID
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
nova-compute-provider  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  usxxcoberbmbp1.corp.emc.com  anywhere             udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc
ACCEPT     all  --  10.0.0.0/24          anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ssh
nova-compute-sg-fallback  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Especially this entry,

ACCEPT     all  --  10.0.0.0/24          anywhere

This is the network (10.0.0.0/24)  we used for all VMs. I'm using the latest Folsom quantum code.

Thanks.

Dennis Qin