[Openstack] Possible upgrade bug in nova-volume (& cinder)?

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Wed Oct 24 21:20:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM, John Griffith
<john.griffith at solidfire.com> wrote:

> Hey Jon,
>
> Couple of things going on, one is the volume naming (in progress here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/14615/).  I'll take a closer look at some
> of the other issues you pointed out.

Hi John,

On this issue I think the issue you link to above covers my problem
(even if that exact implementation now seems abandoned).  So "the
right thing" is to normalize all the naming on UUID in my case using
lvrename (or symlinks as the patchset above does) and updating the
cinder db provider_location.  What other issues did you see to look
into?  Seems this covers everything I brought up here and the issues
you helped me with on IRC earlier (thanks) seem like documentation
issues (which I hope to get into the docs once I clean up my notes)

-Jon