[Openstack] [SWIFT] Proxies Sizing for 90.000 / 200.000 RPM

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Oct 24 20:40:45 UTC 2012

> On Oct 11, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Alejandro Comisario <alejandro.comisario at mercadolibre.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stackers !
>> This is the thing, today we have a 24 datanodes (3 copies, 90TB
>> usables) each datanode has 2 intel hexacores CPU with HT and 96GB
>> of RAM, and 6 Proxies with the same hardware configuration, using
>> swift 1.4.8 with keystone. Regarding the networking, each proxy /
>> datanodes has a dual 1Gb nic, bonded in LACP mode 4,

Are you seeing good balancing of traffic across the two interfaces in
the bonds?

>> each of the proxies are behind an F5 BigIP Load Balancer ( so, no
>> worries over there ).

What is the "pipe" into/out-of the F5 (cluster of F5's?) and how
utilized is that pipe already?  If it is running at anything more than
2.5% (5000/200000) to 5.5% (5000/90000) in the direction the GETS will
flow it will become a bottleneck. (handwaving it as 100% GETS rather
than 90%)

rick jones