[Openstack] Quantum Floating IPs

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 24 15:06:42 UTC 2012

Using Quantum (Folsom) I have a weird situation. I can ping the outside
world from my VMs only after I assign a floating IP address to them. In
other words, I cannot ping the outside world by just setting up the quantum
router and without using floating IP addresses. The other issue, is that
after assigning floating IPs I still cannot ping the VM from outside.
I can provide more information about my setup but thought I might be
missing something simple here and people may have seen the same problem.
Thanks.