[Openstack] Not able to get IP address for VM

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Wed Oct 24 13:54:30 UTC 2012

Srikanth,

from your analysis it seems that L2 connectivity between the compute and
the controller node is working as expected.
Before looking further, it is maybe worth ruling out the obvious problems.
Hence:
1) is the dhcp-agent service running (or is it stuck in some error state?)
2) Can you see dnsmasq instances running on the controller node? If yes, do
you see your VM's MAC in the hosts file for the dnsmasq instance?
3) If dnsmasq instances are running, can you confirm the relevant tap ports
are inserted on Open vSwitch instance br-int?

Salvatore