[Openstack] DCHP Server Stops Responding

Justin Hurley justin.hurley at opensgi.com
Tue Oct 23 17:41:52 UTC 2012

Vish,

For future reference, I have resolved the issue of DCHP server not responding. It turns out that KVM had a bug up until v14.2 that would cause VMs to randomly lose network connectivity. The bug has been fixed in the very recent qemu-kvm v14.3 public release.

Bug/Fix: [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/997978] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/997978

As a side note, making DHCP leases very long seems to cause networking errors occasionally during instance launch.

Justin