[Openstack] Why OpenStack use openvpn?

Hao Wang hao.1.wang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:49:00 UTC 2012

Hi Egoitz,

As far as the security is concerned, it should be no issue on it as long as
it's no clear text transmitted.

These questions would be sorta architecture level. I sure named the mail
subject with a big question mark. (Seemingly it's too big :(.) I'd like to
clear my concerns which couldn't be easy to be found by google in a couple
of days.

That reminds me the fourth question, can the tunnel bases on openvpn be
used as disaster recovery or remote backup? I guess the performance
wouldn't be high enough to support this. So the purpose of openvpn would
only be remote management.

All the questions in the mail are not positive yet. Please let me know your
points.

Regards,
Howard