[Openstack] quantum: two ips one vif

Jason Ford jason at chatinara.com
Tue Oct 23 02:09:43 UTC 2012

Stackers,

I am testing out quantum with vlans using a hardware based firewall as a gateway. I am using openvswitch with the quantum openvswitch agent and nova-compute running on the compute node. I also have one management node with everything else on it.

I am able to spin up a vm and assign an ip address via dhcp to my instance. It shows up in quantum port-list as well as quantum net-list and is able to route traffic in and out of my vlan'd network. I have a requirement to assign another fixed IP (not floating) from a new vlan to the same virtual interface on the instance. When I create another subnet in quantum, that works. How do I assign an ip address from the new subnet to the same openvswitch port via quantum?

jason