[Openstack] QEMU Error

AK Sathiya ak_misc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:36:26 UTC 2012

All, i am a newbi to the openstack. I am trying to create a QCOW2 image from a Centos Linux installation iso and ran into the a road block. This is what I did so far (just followed the admin manual for Openstack).

IMAGE=centos-6.2.img
$ qemu-img create -f raw $IMAGE 5G

 VNCDISPLAY=:2
$ MONITOR=/tmp/file.mon
$ sudo  /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -m 1024 -drive file=${IMAGE},if=virtio,index=0 \
-boot c -net nic -net user -nographic -vnc ${VNCDISPLAY} \
-monitor unix:${MONITOR},server,nowait

I have the distribution iso on the local directory of the user.

I got the following error. what am i missing here?

qemu-kvm: -drive file=centos-6.2.img,if=virtio,index=0: could not open disk image centos-6.2.img:Operation not supported

Any help is appreciated.

AK