[Openstack] Not able to get IP address for VM

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:30:30 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am using latest devstack I am trying to create a VM with one Ethernet
interface card. I am able to create the VM successfully, but not able to
get IP for the ethernet interface.
I have Openstack Controller running the following:

   - nova-api
   - nova-cert
   - nova-consoleauth
   - nova-scheduler
   - quantum-dhcp-agent
   - quantum-openvswitch-agent

And O also have Openstack Host Node running the following:

   - nova-api
   - nova-compute
   - quantum-openvswitch-agent

I am not seeing any kind of errors in logs related nova as well as quantum.
I observed that when I execute 'dhclient' in VM, 'br-int' interface in
'Openstack Controller' getting DHCP requests, but not sending reply.
Please let me know, what I am doing wrong here.
Thanks in advance.

--
----
Srikanth.