[Openstack] Future of this General Mailing list

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Sun Oct 21 02:23:53 UTC 2012

[I realized now I replied privately only. This meant to be public.]

On Fri 12 Oct 2012 02:13:54 PM PDT, Frans Thamura wrote:
> is this mailing list move to the new mailing list?

Yes, it will move to lists.openstack.org as soon as possible.

Here is what needs to happen:

- export list of subscribers and preferences from Launchpad (DONE)
- test the exported list in a dev environment (TODO)

Once the test is done, we need to define and publish a roadmap with
deadline to close the LP list, close the LP list/team to new
subscriptions/messages, export the final list from LP, import it into
lists.openstack.org and move on.

Honestly this last phase is not very clear to me yet. With the
organization of the Summit taking priority, this task slipped in
background. If you think this migration is urgent please state your
reasons and the community may find resources to raise priority.

/stef