[Openstack] Finding/Making Windows 7 Images for OpenStack

Curtis C. serverascode at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 23:56:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

Has anyone seen any recent documentation on creating Windows 7 images
for OpenStack? I know it's supposed to be as easy as using kvm to
install it initially (as per the OpenStack docs) then importing that
image into glance, but there are some subtle things that I might be
missing because I haven't really used Windows in a decade. I've
certainly done a lot of searching so if it's a link on the first ten
pages page of google I've probably seen it already. :)

Perhaps the best thing would be if anyone knew of a virtualbox/vagrant
or similar methodology for automatically creating Windows 7 images
that I could start from. Someone must be generating new Win 7 images
daily for their private cloud somewhere/somehow... :)

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks,
Curtis.