[Openstack] VM connectivity

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Oct 18 16:07:48 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

>From the information you provided the only advice I can give you is to
ensure the default security groups allows DHCP traffic. I read about ICMP
and SSH, but not DHCP.

It might be good if you can provide some more detail in order to allow
someone from the community to help you.
Are you running Quantum or nova network? If you're running Quantum, can you
provide some details about the plugin you're using and its configuration?
On the other hand, if you're running nova-network, it might be good to know
the network manager you're running and how it is configured.

Finally, are you running openstack on a single node or on multiple nodes?

Salvatore