[Openstack] ERROR: string indices must be integers, not str

Xu, HongnaX hongnax.xu at intel.com
Thu Oct 18 10:00:23 UTC 2012

Hi
  I am installing openstack on ubuntu 12.10 beta2 with precise-updates/folsom repo , after sync keystone database, then these parameters in ~/.bashrc

export SERVICE_TOKEN=admin
export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_PASSWORD=openstack
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.211.55.17:5000/v2.0/
export SERVICE_ENDPOINT=http://10.211.55.17:35357/v2.0/

when I add keystone users by "keystone user-create --name admin --pass openstack --email admin at foobar.com" or "keystone user-list", I got string indices must be integers, not str, is there any solution? My settings exactly the same as the wiki http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/ap_installingfolsomubuntuprecise.html

Best Regards,
Hongna