[Openstack] OpenStack Dashboard edit_rule form customization

Roberto Sassu roberto.sassu at polito.it
Mon Oct 15 13:07:56 UTC 2012

Hi everyone

I'trying to create a form in the OpenStack dashboard
which is similar to nova/access_and_security/edit_rules
but with some customizations.

First, I need to modify the action of 'Add rule' to
do a post to another view instead of adding the rule.
Then, there should be a new 'Add Rule' button, for example
placed at the same line of form fields, that allows to
add a new rule.

Second, I need to modify the action performed by the
'Delete' button, to delete the rule and to remain in the
current form.

Could you give me some hints about the modifications that
I should do to have this behaviour (I think that probably
I have to modify the javascript files)?

Thanks

Roberto Sassu