[Openstack] some question with nova schedule

韦远科 weiyuanke123 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 03:21:37 UTC 2012

Thanks gong,

I also noticed that, what is wisdom behind this "delay update"?

I encountered a problem in current openstack. After I installed openstack
with devstack with "multi_host=1", I found newly started instance can not
get a fix ip from dhcp server, since nova-br100.conf didn't hold the
related information. but when I start the second instance, at this point
the mac/fix_ip information for the first instance will then be written to
nova-br100.conf and the first instance work well.

my guest for this problem is like this:
(1)nova-scheduler did not  update the "host" field in database,
(2)so nova-network cann't get the mac/ip information, so nova-br100.conf is
empty and instance can not get its fix ip.
     related code: nova/network/linux_net.py
     def get_dhcp_hosts(context, network_ref):
    """Get network's hosts config in dhcp-host format."""
    hosts = []
    host = None
    if network_ref['multi_host']:
        host = FLAGS.host
    #pdb.set_trace()
    for data in db.network_get_associated_fixed_ips(context,
                                                    network_ref['id'],
                                                    host=host):
        hosts.append(_host_dhcp(data))
    return '\n'.join(hosts)

(3)the second instance is started, at this time, the "host" field for first
instance is already updated by self.compute_rpcapi.run_instance.
(4)nova-network get the mac/ip information correctly and dump to
nova-br100.conf, so the first instance can get its fix ip.

any comments??

韦远科
中国科学院 计算机网络信息中心
北京市海淀区中关村南四街四号 349信箱(100190)

Yuanke Wei (Wei)
Computer Network Information Center,Chinese Academy of Sciences
4 Zhongguancun Nansijie, Haidian District, Beijing 100190, China
P.O. Box 349
gtalk: weiyuanke123 at gmail.com
msn: weiyuanke123 at hotmail.com