[Openstack] Remote participation to Design Summit (was Re: [openstack] Summit coverage)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Oct 10 18:26:13 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 03:33 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> Indeed, I've been working with WebEx to have a good experience for
> remote participation this year. I'm putting together the final details
> before I can push a full announcement. Having the calendar of the design
> summit (nearly) finalized by the end of this week would help.

And here are the details for remote participation to the Design Summit:

If you can’t make it to San Diego but you still want to participate in
the sessions that will shape the future roadmap of OpenStack ‘Grizzly’
you can join the live audio streaming events on Webex. Kindly donated by
Cisco Webex team (users of OpenStack themselves), the Webex session will
run for the whole day from 9:30am to 6:00pm for each of the rooms Emma
AB, Emma C, Windsor BC, Annie AB where the Design Summit will happen.
Webex will be used to stream the audio of all conversations in the room
where there will be enough microphones: remote participants will use the
Webex chat to ask questions and people in the rooms will see the chat
stream on one of the two projectors in each room.

The sessions are ready for you to register, they’re identified by topic
(Nova, Quantum, Cinder, Documentation, Common, Process, Swift):

  Day 1, Oct 16 Monday
https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/onstage/g.php?p=0&t=m
  Day 2, Oct 17 Tuesday
https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/onstage/g.php?p=1&t=m
  Day 3, Oct 18 Wednesday
https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/onstage/g.php?p=2&t=m
  Day 4, Oct 19 Thursday
https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/onstage/g.php?p=3&t=m

Also, each entry on the official schedule of the Design Summit has a
link to its proper Webex audio streaming session. There will also be a
live video streaming for the general sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Keep an eye on the website and @openstack on Twitter for  details.

Known issue: Webex doesn’t support Java 64bit on Linux. If you try to
join the voip conference Webex will complain that “The Audio Device is
Unaccessible Now”. The most common workaround is to install 32bit Java
environment alongside the 64bit one.

Pasted from:
http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/10/participating-remotely-to-openstack-summit-2012/