[Openstack] What's Up Doc? Oct. 10 2012

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Oct 10 16:50:03 UTC 2012

Just a quick update on progress on the docs. Looking forward to next
week in San Diego! I'd like to set up a Doc test area at the OpenStack
Summit next week. Contact me if you're interested in helping. I'd like
to set up a laptop so we can show the docs, test the docs, and
demonstrate the doc processes.

1. In review and merged this past week:
NVP Plugin documentation
Fixes to the quick install for Folsom on Ubuntu 12.04
Lots of additions to the HA guide (still needs to be linked)
Updated the sitemap.xml, which should help with erroneous Google hits.
Many updates to the Keystone install and configuration instructions.
Updates to the Hyper-V installation instructions.

2. High priority doc work:
Want to finish up the Folsom release by:
- testing and finalizing the Install guides
- closing the final handful of bugs, we are targeting here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+milestone/folsom
- completing more Volumes documentation

3. Doc work going on that I know of:
Nirmal Ranganathan working on HPSanISCSI driver operator docs,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1065119.
Lots of new doc bugs (about 20 this week already) that we are triaging
and fixing.

4. New incoming doc requests:
None other than finish up Folsom!

5. Doc tools updates:
We should have a 1.5.1 release soon that will enable a new approach to
Google analytics tracking so we can track across all *.openstack.org
visitors - this enables us to know if people go from docs to forums to
lists or www to docs or www to api and so on.

6. Other doc news:
Look for a new api-site repository with content moved over from the
openstack-manuals repository soon. We're working through the needed CI
work to get this publishing correctly.