[Openstack] Versioning for notification messages

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Oct 10 07:27:45 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I guess I may have mis-stated the problem a tad in talking about version numbering.  The notification system is an outbound interface, and my interest is in being able to write consumers with some guarantee that they won't be broken as the notification message format evolves.

Having a version number gives the client a way to know that it may now be broken, but that's not really the same as having an interface with some degree of guaranteed compatibility,

Phil