[Openstack] Discussion / proposal: Ability to reset tenant's quotas to default

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Tue Oct 9 16:40:09 UTC 2012

Hi Glynn,

My point was that if a user is currently configured to have a quota of 50 VMs, and the default is currently configured to be 20 VMs then there is a difference between "configuring the user to have a quota of 20" and "configuring a user to have the default quota".    The first is just a subsequent update to give a user a different but still specific quota value, whereas the second undoes any quota value that has been specifically assigned.   And the intent here is the second case.

Perhaps quota delete would be a more appropriate description (and the right way to implement this in the API) ?

Cheers,
Phil