[Openstack] Adding Custom form field in Openstack Dashboard.

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:22:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I have added my own custom text box field in the form 'Launch Instance'
page. For that, I modified the following file:

*
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/dashboards/nova/instances/workflows.py
*
*
*
Added text box in the above script as follows:

*sample = forms.CharField(max_length=15, label=_("Sample"), required=False)*
*
*
Now, I want to access the posted value of the above field. For that, I am
using *context['sample'] *variable*. *When I clicked on the 'Launch'
button, I am getting a Horizon alert error as the following:
*There was an error submitting the form. Please try again.*
*
*
Please suggest me to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance.