[Openstack] Puppet module for Quantum and vSwitches (Currently OVS)

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Mon Oct 8 22:03:47 UTC 2012

Hi Endre,

You and I spoke about this module earlier today. I just saw this post to
the OpenStack list and wanted to follow-up to the list with some brief
information about it + where to find more information -- so please
disregard anything repeated from our conversation :)

Secondly, thank you and Emilien for your interest in Puppet and OpenStack.

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Endre Karlson <endre.karlson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, me and Emilien Macchi have been collaborating on some puppet modules
> for Quantum and vSwitches.
>
> You can see them here:
> https://github.com/EmilienM/openstack-quantum-puppet
> https://github.com/ekarlso/puppet-vswitch
>
> Please note that they are Working In Progress and may change.
>
> Feedback is wanted.

The Quantum module that you linked is based off of an earlier
proof-of-concept module that I made a few weeks ago. There are areas in
this code that were strictly for experimenting, so be careful.

I think your vswitch module is great and will work well with the Quantum
module -- much better than the original exec blocks.

Rather than going into deep Puppet-specific details about this module on
the OpenStack list, I'll instead point to the puppet-openstack mailing list
for you or anyone else interested to join:

https://groups.google.com/a/puppetlabs.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/puppet-openstack

There's a current thread discussing the original Quantum module plus some
other early Folsom modules:

https://groups.google.com/a/puppetlabs.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/puppet-openstack/BGaBkYDn2wo

Thank you again for your interest and work with this :)

Joe

--
Joe Topjian
Systems Administrator

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.