[Openstack] [ceilometer] Release status 2012-10-05

Graham Binns graham.binns at canonical.com
Fri Oct 5 10:58:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Here's a better-late-than-never release status update for Ceilometer 0.9. We're now a week away from release.

Release in numbers
------------------

 Bugs in progress: 5
 Fixes committed: 39
 Triaged bugs: 15
 Confirmed bugs: 21
 New bugs: 1

These numbers were generated using a launchpadlib API script (attached). We haven't set up a milestone for the 0.9 release; I suggest that we do and will take care of it today if no-one objects.

The full list of bugs by status is attached for completeness.

Status of roadmap
-----------------

According to http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/RoadMap, there's one bug still in progress that should be targeted for Folsom.0:

  1021775: Assignee: jdanjou; Listen Quantum notifications

Julien, what's the situation with this? I know we're technically in feature freeze but we've got a week left until release and if we can get this committed and QA'd in time, that would be lovely.

QA status
---------

I've no information about the QA status of any of the above bugs. Is this recorded anywhere? If not, I'd suggest that we record it as a tag on the bug, thus (liberally stolen from the Launchpad project):

 - Not QA'd yet: qa-needstesting
 - QA'd; all good: qa-good
 - QA'd; bad: qa-bad (can be updated to
   qa-needstesting or -good once problems are fixed)

Objections, comments?

Further questions

Are there any bugs not listed on the roadmap that are essential for the 0.9 release?