[Openstack] nova-compute on Controller Node

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Thu Oct 4 23:03:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

Sorry for the re-post, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the following question.

Thank you,
Ahmed.

From: Ahmed Al-Mehdi <ahmed at coraid.com<mailto:ahmed at coraid.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:23 PM
To: "openstack at lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack at lists.launchpad.net>" <openstack at lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack at lists.launchpad.net>>
Subject: [Openstack] nova-compute on Controller Node

Hello,

I am following the steps in "OpenStack Install and Deploy – Red Hat Ubuntu" document to setup setup the controller node ( http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/installing-the-cloud-controller.html  ).  Do I need to install nova-compute on the controller node?  Maybe there is no harm, but my understanding is nova-volume needs to be installed on all Compute Nodes.  Is that right?   If so, in that case can I skip installing nova-compute on the Controller Node without any side effects.

Thank you,
Ahmed.